Wollongong 2006: Fire Research Managers Workshop
Several international guests joined with more than 200 delegates from all around Australia and New Zealand at the Fire Manager's Research Workshop at Wollongong in July.
The event followed last year's successful workshop in Beechworth, Victoria, and included an even mix of end-users and researchers. The end-users presented alongside the researchers in a program that covered the full spectrum of Bushfire CRC research.
A highlight of the workshop was the display of the research posters - 65 in total - that were put together by the researchers and students. All these posters are now online.
An online survey was conducted after the workshop to gauge satisfaction with the event and there were 80 responses received. Overwhelmingly participants were satisfied with the event - 87% of respondents were either satisfied or extremely satisfied with the overall program
In summary respondents were satisfied with:
- The posters
- Opportunity for informal discussion
- The quality of the presentations
- CRC researchers and end users together in the research into practice sessions
- Organisation of the event by CRC staff
- The opportunity to make contacts with CRC researchers and end users
- The topics chosen for workshops and presentations
- Presentations from international guests
- The field trips – particularly the urban interface field trip hosted by NSW RFS
- Social functions and events
Respondents would like to see:
- More opportunity to view the posters
- More opportunity for formal discussion
- More discussion following presentations
- More formal opportunities to meet researcher and end users
- More presentations from CRC researchers
The comments from respondents will be taken on board in the future planning over research workshops.
News from the Event
(sorry, no news items for this event)
Research Stream Presentations
|Current and future research needs - DSE perspective|
|Safety on the Fireground|